Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Post!

So here I sit. Starting a blog. Inspired by a friend who wanted to follow me on the journey called "First Pregnancy!" Thought I would begin there and share some of the sweetest moments so far and then as time allows wander off into other minuscle things going on in my life! So, here it goes!

Prego Story #1: "I'm Pregnant!"


This story is fun! Since we had been trying to get pregnant for a few months, I had to learn to trust God more and more on His timing for when my baby’s life was to begin! Nonetheless, each month I would get very excited and hope in my heart that this time it was going to happen. So, this month I had been traveling for work in Utah Monday-Friday. I knew that I was going to find out on the road. When Chris dropped me off at the airport on Monday morning he told me that he felt like I was pregnant because I had been more emotional than usual (true), more easily agitated (yep), and tired (definitely). Well, Tuesday rolled around. My waking temperature was still high and it was my 3rd day of being late. After work I decided to get a pregnancy test. As soon as I got back to my hotel, I took the test and waited – which kinda did feel like forever. When I looked, sure enough it said “Pregnant!” Of course I was by myself and so excited that I just shouted loudly “I’m Pregnant!!” I think I repeated that a few times and just kept going back and forth to look at the test on the sink. Since I didn’t want to tell Chris over the phone, I knew I would have to tell someone, so I texted my sister a picture of the test and she called. When I heard her voice, I just balled my eyes out in joy about how happy I was. I just so happened to have set up a phone call with one of my sweet friends from church, so I was able to share the news with her and she prayed over me and that was a huge blessing as well! The hardest part of that week was waiting till Friday to let Chris know the news! And I was happy to have something (my precious baby) to blame my symptoms on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment