Thursday, February 9, 2012

“I Knew There Was a Baby in There!”

Prego Story #3: Hearing the Heartbeat

Today was my first appointment at the birth center with my midwife – Donnelyn. Chris was able to come with me and neither of us knew quite what to expect. After all the paperwork and filling out health history, Donnelyn checked me over and asked a lot of questions. Finally, the time came for her to check the heartbeat of our little one. So, she simply said, “Ok, it’s time for the fun part, you can lay down.” As soon as she said those words and started gathering her supplies, I just started tearing up and crying. I laid down and she went to town to find my little baby in the uterus. It seemed like forever, but it probably only was a minute when she found it! I continued to have tears softly streaming down my face the whole time. I could tell how small the baby was, only about 3.5 inches, but hearing that fast heartbeat which was about twice the rate of mine was simply amazing. At the end, with my tears, I just said, “I knew there was a baby in there!” That sweet sound of my baby’s heartbeat was ringing in my ears for the rest of the day! The joy in my heart is hard to explain, but I am sure all you mamas out there know exactly what I am talking about. Looking forward to that moment at every appointment. My next two countdowns are to feel the baby kick and getting my first sonogram at 26 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment