I am in awe of how every once in a while, God will drop something in my spirit that is so personal and so encouraging! I love letting Him lead my life and my trust in Him grows every day as I think about the unknown of parenting. So perhaps my most favorite thing about being pregnant so far, are the small ways God is helping me prepare for being a mother...
Right at the beginning of the sermon at church on Sunday, I had my notes page and Bible and pen all ready to listen and jot down my thoughts about the message. However, all of a sudden my thoughts drifted and I felt God say, "I have something for you, write this down." So, I began writing seamlessly a word from the Lord that was so simple, yet powerful. I felt such a sweet peace afterwards that just reminded me of what is the best gift I could give my kids:
The single greatest gift you can give your children is for you and Chris to be so in love with me, that I flow into your parenting and your kids see you seeking me with all your heart. I will grant your request that each of your little ones will know me at a young age, for they are purposed for great things. You must listen to me to know how to steward each of them for me. Your obedience will bring your kids much blessing!
Man, isn't that good? I love these moments of reminders about the importance of me being first a daughter of God, then a wife and mother. As Chris and I run after Jesus, we will look back and see our kids running behind us. Then one day, they will hopefully take off and run far ahead of us, as they give their lives to the Kingdom of God and enjoy the blessing of staying close to Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment