This week, we have Chris's parents in town and we have had a wonderful week together! Chris and his dad are working on an outdoor kitchen....
and his mom has been sewing away baby blankets and burp cloths!
Since Chris and I moved into our house over a month ago, there have been a few expenses that we have incurred and we are not much for having debt, so we have been working hard to pay them off!! Because of this, I have not had the money to buy much for house or baby, so I guess I haven't allowed myself to "dream" too much about it.
So...now that my baby bump has made a little appearance, I knew I needed to get a few maternity outfits for work and play but just hadn't had the time. I also knew that it would be fun to just start getting some ideas for baby stuff, so thought me and Mom could just walk around and check things out! Little did I know that grandmothers cannot just walk around and look...and thus started a super fun day of pretty much having a mini baby shower...see picture below.
We got sleepers and onesies and hangers and crib sheets and towel with cloths and a few maternity outfits. In the picture above is also the quilt and receiving blankets and burp cloths that she made for the baby during the week. What is NOT in this photo is how much she bought for my dog Baron this week...yes, he has been the spoiled grand-dog all week and is pretty much loving it!
All in all, the boys hope to finish their project on Monday and we hope to have our first grilling out experience to finish the time with Mom and Dad before they head back to Minnesota on Tuesday morning! Family is such a blessing and we have loved our week together!
Aw, how fun!! Love all that baby talk!! Can't wait to meet and love on my little niece or nephew!!!
ReplyDelete